Mom Prom® was created in Canton, MI in 2006 and Macaroni KID Fayetteville brought it back to Northwest Arkansas this year! Mom Prom is a ladies' night out for charity in which women wear their old prom gowns, bridesmaids dresses, wedding gowns, or formals and dance the night away for a worthy cause. It is a real prom with a DJ, and a game to crown the new queen (not based on popularity). For ALL women, not just moms!
Over 110 women ranging in ages from 20's to 60's came out to dance the night away for charity! DJ Jon from Brock Entertainment kept us entertained with fun music and took song requests, and he led the dance-off at the end so we could crown the winner as the Prom Queen!
Our venue was the beautiful Dining Hall at Mount Sequoyah Center in Fayetteville. This served as the perfect place for our dance! The lighting was naturally beautiful and balloons from Gather & Garland added the perfect accent to the space.
Guests absolutely loved the digital photo booth and Barbie box from Up on the Hill Events & Party Rentals. The photo booth had fun props and allowed the ladies to enter their phone number and have photos texted to them!
Mom Prom was a huge success and we raised $3608 for Peace at Home Family Shelter here in NW Arkansas. We are thrilled to support such a wonderful cause.
In 2022 Peace at Home provided:
- Safe shelter to 218 individuals escaping violence, totaling 9,344 nights of safe shelter.
- Housing assistance to 114 families in our community.
- Legal services to 403 families, including divorce and child custody representation and assistance with obtaining orders of protection.
- Counseling services to 66 survivors of domestic violence.
- A listening ear and assistance to 1,349 crisis calls received through our hotline.
- $11,488 total amount of thrift store vouchers given to clients.
Thank you to our sponsors who helped us produce this charity event:
Presenting Sponsor: Arkansas Counseling & Wellness
Entertainment Sponsor: Crystal Howerton Tax Services
Buffet Sponsor: Arvest Bank
We can't wait to do this again!