Fall in Arkansas means lots of fun and Macaroni Kid is here to help you find it. I've put together this list of local fall family venues and events for you and your family to enjoy. Everything listed here is either free or low-cost and affordable for families. Click on the title of each event to go to the calendar entry for it and see all the details. Please note that there are many more events listed on our calendar!
This article will be updated throughout the fall, so check back often and share with friends- They will thank you!
Enjoy this info and want to find out about more family-friendly events in NW Arkansas? Subscribe to our free weekly e-newsletter calendar of local kid-friendly events at www.fayetteville.macaronikid.com or www.rogers-bentonville.macaronikid.com.
Please note that some events and attractions may be dependent on weather- call ahead if you have questions.
Farmland Adventures- Springdale-A variety of attractions including a 9-acre Giant Corn Maze, a pumpkin patch, pony rides, farm animals, pig races, a kids' play area and more await you. $14/ adult, $12 child age 3-12. Admission includes all activities. Pumpkin prices vary by size. September 9th through November 5th.
Military & First Responders Appreciation Specials
Discounted admission for military, police, firefighters, EMS personnel, and nurses and their immediate family (Proper ID proof required)
September: $7 admission all month
October: $7 admission Thursdays and Fridays; $2 OFF regular admission on Saturdays
Thursdays: 3PM - 9:30 PM (October ONLY), Fridays: 1PM - 9:30 PM, Saturdays: 9AM - 9:30PM
Closed on Sundays
Monday - Friday:
Visits can be scheduled at other times during the week by appointment only for groups of 35 or more.
*** The last ticket is sold each night at 8:30PM (one hour before farm closing) / Wagon Ride closes at 7pm**
McGarrah Farms Pumpkin Patch- Pea Ridge- Sept 24-Oct 31- Mon-Sundays (closed Tues)- pumpkins, hay rides, corn maze and more.
McGarrah Farms Rivercrest Orchard- Fayetteville- Sept 10-Oct 30, Thurs-Sundays. Face painting, bounce pillows, hayrides and more.
- Sept 30- Oct 2- Arkansas Apple Festival in Lincoln
- Oct 1- HallowScream Roller Derby in Springdale
- Oct 4- Spooky Color Pencil Drawing for Teens @ Fayetteville Library
- Oct 5- Farmland Adventures Special Mother's Day Out $7
- Oct 6- First Thursday Outdoor Festival @Fayetteville Square
- Oct 8- Annual Pea Ridge Mule Jump
- Oct 8- Star Wars Jedi Training Event w/ 501st Legion Storm Troopers @ Springdale Library
- Oct 8- NWA Maker Faire @ Fayetteville Library
- Oct 10- Farmland Adventures Special Mother's Day Out $7
- Oct 13- 68th Annual War Eagle Fair
- Oct 13- Ozark Regional Arts & Craft Fair
- Oct 14- It's Fall, Ya'll Arts & Crafts Fair
- Oct 14- Ozarktober Fall Bonfire @ Shiloh Square
- Oct 15- "Dracula" by Ballet Arkansas @Fayetteville Library
- Oct 15- Family-Friendly Haunted Carriage Rides in Siloam Springs
- Oct 15- City of Highfill Fall Festival
- Oct 18- STEAM Candy Science @ Springdale Library
- Oct 18- Spooky Color Pencil Drawing for Teens @ Fayetteville Library
- Oct 21- Night in the Museum Trunk or Treat @ Arkansas Air & Military Museum
- Oct 22- Ozarktober Halloween Train @ Arkansas Missouri Railroad
- Oct 22- Farmington Fall Fest
- Oct 22- Trunk or Treat Spooktacular @ Goldfish Swim School
- Oct 26- Little Sprouts Costume Parade @ Botanical Garden
- Oct 27- Free Insect Festival @ U of A
- Oct 28- Family-Friendly Haunted Carriage Rides in Siloam Springs
- Oct 28- Ozarktober Halloween Train @ Arkansas Missouri Railroad
- Oct 28- Sensory-Friendly HallowZing @ Amazeum (reg required)
- Oct 29- Howling 5K @ Dog Walk @ Wilson Park
- Oct 29- Be (A)Ware Allergy-Friendly Trick or Treat @ Fayetteville Library
- Oct 29- Bentonville Goblin Fun Run
- Oct 29- HopeBridge and AIM Sensory-Friendly Trunk or Treat
- Oct 29- Fall Festival @ Springdale Church of God
- Oct 29- Stages of Fear Haunted House No-Scare Kids Time
- Oct 29- Halloween Art Lab @ Terra Studios -$2
- Oct 29- Trunk or Treat and Dinners to go @ Caudle Ave Baptist Church
- Oct 29- Fall Fest @ Elkins First Baptist Church
- Oct 29- A Spooktacular Evening at Botanical Gardens (Tickets required)
- Oct 29- Fall Festival @ St James Baptist Church Fayetteville
- Oct 29- Anime Cafe's Annual Halloween Event
- Oct 29- Trunk or Treat & Stunt Bike Show @ The Neighborhood Church
- Oct 29- 3rd Annual Pumpkin Painting Contest @ Trailside Coffee
- Oct 29- Pea Ridge Battlefield Haunted Civil War Campfire Storytelling
- Oct 30- Costumes & Crafts @ Art Ventures NWA
- Oct 30- Trick Art Treat @ Crystal Bridges Museum
- Oct 30- Trunk or Treat @ Trinity Fellowship Fayetteville
- Oct 30- NWA Safety Spooktacular @ Arvest Ballpark
- Oct 31- Lake View Plaza Trunk or Treat in Centerton
- Oct 31- Spooktacular Teen Time @ Springdale Library
- Oct 31- Halloween Fire Safety Bash @ Farmington Fire Dept
- Oct 31- Prairie Grove Police Trunk or Treat
Macaroni Kid is a FREE resource for Northwest Arkansas families. Thank you to our community sponsors and local family-owned businesses Lewis Automotive Group and Goldfish Swim School in Rogers for supporting family fun!